Catching Babies, Catching Mothers, Strengthening Families
Recent reports suggest that a higher percentage of mothers experience birth trauma than previously realized. Those of us who support mothers, babies and birth know that if a mother has an overwhelming birth, it affects her perception of herself, her partner and her baby. Many women carry memories of difficult births their whole lives. In this one day seminar, you will learn about:
- Trauma informed care in the perinatal period;
- Signs and symptoms of birth trauma;
- A deeper understanding of the baby’s experience of birth;
- Ways to support families, mothers and babies;
- Healing for those who support birth such as midwives, doulas, nurses, therapists, bodyworkers, and doctors.